Wednesday, February 4, 2015

My First Ski Trip

When I first came to Canada, one of the things I wanted to cross off my to-do bucket list was the chance to go on a Ski Trip. Coming from a tropical country, I would always wonder what it would be like to glide off cold snowy mountains. It seems so much fun!

So a month after my family and I arrived in Ontario, my sister's in-laws invited us to go on a Skiing Trip. We initially wanted to go to Blue Mountain Ski Resort, the most famous and largest Ski Amusement Park in Ontario. We settled for Snow Valley in Barrie however because they offered more affordable rates.

A First Time package includes rental equipment plus an hour of beginners lesson. The instructors are highly experienced, very kind and incredibly patient. I had too many falls on my first try but I took everything in stride, injured pride and all. Even the awkward tumbles were fun!

I really wonder how professional skiers do it. They make it look so easy on television and in the movies, but this is a sport that is extremely difficult to master. For one, the boots are huge and they weigh a ton. Finding your balance, as you move left and right, also takes rigorous practice. I had to remove my jacket as I was sweating profusely. Yes, in that snow.

That was such a fun experience though my body got tired too easily I couldn't even finish my lesson. My butt had enough of the abuse from my all too frequent falls.










We capped our great Ski Trip with a lovely stay in Donato House at Wasaga Beach. It is in a small, quaint town that is slow-paced and far from the hustle and bustle of the city. Nothing like enjoying a piece of nature in peace and quiet while awestruck by the wonder of the gifts of mother earth. Needless to say, I did not want to leave!




What are you waiting for? Try Skiing for a fun on the snow while Winter is still here! :)

2 comments:

Edwin Lim said...

Haha ... Next up ... Snowboarding

Unknown said...

Even more difficult.... Hahaha i'm actually okay already having experienced it.